Bananas are a real superfood well know to all of us. Bananas are full of nutrients, and antioxidants, and they improve health in countless different ways.
Here is an interesting fact for you. Did you know that eating two ripe bananas daily supply the body with a huge dose of antioxidants and something known as Tumor Necrosis Factor, which helps to fight against cancerous cells in the body. The riper the banana, the higher the cancer-fighting levels and nutrient density.
If you eat two ripe bananas for a month, you will experience amazing health improvements, such as:
1. The high iron content lowers the risk of anemia and keeps the blood healthy, while B6 helps the production of white blood cells
2. They are rich in potassium which helps digestion, reduces stomach acidity, and soothes heartburn
3. Bananas are rich in potassium and low in sodium, so they lower blood pressure
4. Bananas boost the absorption of calcium and improve bone health
5. The high antioxidant levels of bananas prevent free radical damage, so they protect against diabetes heart disease, cancer, and muscular and tissue degeneration
6. Since they are a powerful combination of potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6, bananas reduce nicotine withdrawal and can help when one is trying to quit smoking
7. Bananas are full of fiber which helps the normalization of bowel movements and treats constipation
Read Also: 6 Reasons Why Your Should Eat More Grapes
8. They slowly release energy, so they keep the brain alert longer, and the high potassium and magnesium levels improve brain health and boost focus
9. They are abundant in B6 vitamins and potassium, so they effectively balance hormones
10. Bananas contain sitoindosides, which treat and prevent ulcers
11. Bananas contain high levels of electrolyte which relieve the symptoms of a hangover
12. Bananas treat brain disorders, as they are high in magnesium, which helps the conversion of fatty acids into DHA, an important omega-3, and studies have found a link between a DHA deficiency and neurological disorders like ADHD and Alzheimer’s disease
13. Bananas are rich in potassium, magnesium, and tryptophan, and thus enhance memory
14. These fruits are a high-potassium, low-sodium food, which is excellent for heart health, and the rich amounts of fiber, vitamin C and B6 lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases
15. Bananas are rich in tryptophan, which converts into serotonin in the body, so they successfully treat depression
16. They are rich in fiber and three natural sugars – fructose, glucose, and sucrose, so they boost energy levels and fight fatigue
17. Bananas are full of fiber which will help you feel full, prevent food cravings, and help you lose excess weight
So as you already know, you can eat ripe bananas raw, add them to your cereals, baked goods, and smoothies, cakes, cookies, and muffins, and reap all their benefits!