All of us love smoothies. They are a delicious and simple way to enjoy the taste of various super-foods and reap their health benefits. That’s why, today, we are sharing a recipe for a tasty pineapple smoothie that most likely will become one of your favorites soon!
This powerful drink will boost the immune system, and strengthen your health in many different ways. Pineapples are unbelievably nutritious fruits, and the bromelain, an enzyme they contain, fights inflammation in the body.
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which regulates food labeling through the National Labeling and Education Act, these are the nutritional facts for raw pineapple:
- Serving size: 1 cup chunks (165 g)
- Amount per Serving (%DV*)
- Calories 82 Calories from Fat 0
- Amt per Serving %DV*
- Total Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 2mg 0%
- Potassium 120mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 11g
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 131%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 2%
The recipe also includes turmeric, one of the most popular natural remedies, that offers a myriad of health benefits. The active ingredient of this spice, curcumin, fights inflammation, soothes pain, and relieves the symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Studies have also shown that it inhibits the growth of certain tumors, and prevents against high cholesterol, colitis, skin conditions, Alzheimer’s disease, stomach ulcers, and various other conditions.
All the ingredients of this healthy pineapple smoothie With turmeric are highly beneficial, as follows:
- ½ cup of pineapple
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 cup of coconut milk — a rich source of fiber and vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5, and B6
- A fresh banana — bananas are high in potassium, that supports the health of the heart, brain, and nerves
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder — it energies the body and treats anemia
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon — Lowers blood sugar levels
- ½ teaspoon of ginger — Treats dizziness and nausea, it also soothes premenstruation cramps, and pain due to arthritis
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds — These seeds provide high amounts of fiber, protein, calcium, antioxidants and omega – 3 fatty acids
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper – it boosts the bioavailability of turmeric
Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix them. Enjoy your glass full of health benefits!